Dwayne Johns “The Rock”: 2019 Most Popular
He is the child of Ata Johnson and expert wrestler Rocky Johnson. His dad, from Amherst, Nova Scotia, Canada, is dark, and his mom is of Samoan foundation. Not exclusively was his dad, Rocky Johnson, a wrestler, however, his granddad, three uncles, and six cousins (one embraced) have been in wrestling as well.
Dwayne Johnson’s character formation of “the Rock” wound up one of the most appealing and dynamic characters the WWE business has ever observed. In 2007, Merriam-Webster included “smackdown” to the lexicon, an expression motivated by the WWF before it was the WWE.
His $5.5-million check for The Scorpion King (2002) earned him a posting in the Guinness Book of World Records, as his compensation was the most noteworthy for any entertainer accepting top charging just because.
The Rock proceeded to break one more world record. Since May 2015, Johnson has been recorded twice in the Guinness Book of World Records, this time for the most selfies. At the debut for his new motion picture San Andreas, The Rock broke the record by taking 105 selfies inside 3 minutes. Best part? He pushed out Kim Kardashian who had recently held the record.
Salaries and successful stations have always been true indicators to the popularity of someone so, let’s observe the below few facts about The Rock:
- Time magazine named him on the top of the 100 most influential people in the World in 2016 and again in 2019.
- He was named as Forbes magazine’s most generously compensated entertainer. He instructed $64.5 million between June 2015 and June 2016, knocking Robert Downey Jr. from the highest priority on the rundown.
- He is the second of the most influential people in 2019 after Elon Musk as per Ranker.com
- Dwayne “The Rock” Johnson got the Generation Award at the 2019 MTV Movie and TV Awards.
- According to Forbes, he is the second-highest-paid actor in 2019 by a salary of $ 124 million after George Colony.
- His movies have earned more than $ 9.4 billion across the world.
Besides all the above, social media is considered a major indicator of popularity. The number of Dwayne’s followers on Instagram has increased dramatically from 115 million followers on December 2018 to 149 million followers on July 2019. That made him rank the fourth most-followed account on Instagram in the world, where followers are increasing continuously.
In 2017 Dwayne’s role in Fast&Furious 8 has expanded his popularity in the whole world, and the motion picture has smashed the $ one billion at the world box office, making it the 30th movie ever to do so. Dwayne’s popularity kept on increasing over the past 2 years as a reflection of this huge success. He attracted millions of new followers from everywhere.
It’s worth to mention that in less than 2 weeks on Aug, 1 his next movie Hobbs&Shaw or Fast&Furious 9 will be released. That could be a bonus indicator of why Dwayne will continue to be the most famous in 2019.
What We Do
With clear language and simple logic, this site answers how popularity works and why it emerges so predictably by breaking it down into 8 simple rules using advice from the internet and published scientific literature.
Join the Conversation!
Interested in writing? Get in touch! Popularity Explained is currently accepting solicitations for interesting blog article ideas.